Meet the Brewer and the Beekeeper at the Red (On)Lion
Join Martin James, owner and beekeeper at Panther Brewery, as he discusses brewing with honey and tastes his award-winning ales, at 6pm on 21 July at the Red (On)Lion.
The North Norfolk brewery uses traditional brewing techniques to create a range of modern and full flavour real ales which are available in seven different, bottle-conditioned breeds.
The name of the brewery is a result of the inhabitants of the small Norfolk town of Reepham claiming to have seen a large panther-like cat prowling and secretly stalking the countryside. The ale is a tribute to the animal: deliciously balanced with poise and a sleek finish, a celebration of the beast’s cunning and prowess.
The five beers being tasted in this session are:
- Golden Panther (3.7%) – well rounded and refreshing with a fresh and aromatic hop kick!
- Red Panther (4.1%) – deliciously clean and toasty with nutty caramel undertones, rounded with a crisp hoppy finish.
- Honey Panther (4.0%) – a light and refreshing golden ale with a bite of honey.
- American Pale Ale (4.4%) – Late hopped using the finest Chinook, Centennial and Ekuanot hops creating aromatic tropical and citrus flavour.
- Black Panter (4.5%) – smooth and rich with a complex full flavour.
If you would like to join the session, go to https://theredonlion.co.uk/bar/join/Beer-and-Honey-Panther
You can order the beers being tasted during this session from CAMRA’s Brew2You app here: https://brew2you.co.uk/store/240